Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I was rip roaring ready to go with this reading journal...then I read a book. Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.
This book moved me in such a way that I couldn't find my way into another book.

It is Amir's story, but to me it was Hassan's story and I can not forget that little boy. His heart was overflowing with love and concern for his best friend Amir although Hassan was just a servant to him. There was nothing he wouldn't do for his friend and he suffered greatly because of it.

It is a story that begins right before the Taliban takes over in Afghanistan and travels through the early 80's into San Francisco but the story goes on today.
I'm not going to write a review on this book; I leave that to the amazon link above.
Hassan and Amir
I do recommend it to every one. And I recommend that you don't watch the movie first. I ordered the movie but have not been able to get past the first 20 minutes or so. I ordered the audio too but haven't listened to it.

Until next time,
Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment