Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What a mess!

I was so excited about this book blog and know people have checked it out and thought is that the only book she's read this year? NOT! I've read more than I've stitched, but have done less of both all this year. I've been sicker than I've ever been and just seem to have given in but not quite given up :)
Instead of trying to catch you up I'll just throw out some titles and authors that have helped me to cope with the unexpected issues this year.
Spare ChangeHow about Spare Change by Bette Lee Crosby. It is so good I know I will read it again not because I can't remember the whole entire story. It will be because  the "way" that Bette built the characters, bringing them and the story line together kept me engrossed in the story and the world just went away for awhile.



Louise Penny has captured my mind, that part that loves a good mystery and a protagonist you'd like to know in person :) I began with her first one Still Life which has been made into a movie, and am now reading #6 called Bury Your Dead. That sounds a little gruesome but the story connects to #5 which is
  The Brutal Telling, and that one by far is my favorite.

The Brutal Telling (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #5)

Hugs and happy reading!
Babs

2 comments:

  1. Hi Babs! just found your 'book' blog :D....i love, love, love to read also....mostly do audio books now tho :D....I will look forward to hearing more from you! Best wishes from Nebraska..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see your book blog. Like you I love to read but haven't been able to do so this year as much as I used to in teh past years.
    One of my next books will be the first book of the Louise Penny series. I hope I'll like it as much as you did.

    ReplyDelete